New Feature: Job Map
Location, location, location. Whether you are a local, national or global job board, location matters!
Our latest feature announcement enables job seekers to explore jobs on a map, performing visual map based searches.
Introducing the Job Map
By popular request, we’ve added a job map widget and dedicated map page to JobBoard.io.
Job seekers can zoom into their city or town – or zoom out and explore global opportunities.
How does the map work?
- The map automatically updates with new opportunities posted on your job board. Up to 500 jobs can be displayed.
- The map automatically centers on your jobs
- Jobs are intelligently clustered into groups based upon their location. Red pins are used for individual jobs – which can be clicked to view summary information. Blue pins show job clusters – where several jobs are available in that area.
- Job seekers can click and zoom on a map location to view available opportunities in that area
- We currently only zoom down to a city/town level – we’ll look to add street address geocoding in a future phase
- Works great on mobile as well!
The job map can be used in 2 different ways:
- Go to the Homepage Layout Editor to add this new widget to your homepage.
- Link to the dedicated map page (yourdomain.com/jobs/map). Here is a great example: http://jobs.cwea.org/jobs/map
Example Use Cases
- Jobs are usually sorted by date of posting – so older job posts generally receive less applications. Be sure to tell employers their job will be displayed on a job map for the duration of their listing, increasing awareness of the opportunity.
- Global job board? Add a job map link to your navigation to encourage job seekers to explore your opportunities globally.
- National job board? Add a job map widget to your sidebar to show all your opportunities at a glance.
We can’t wait to see how you use the new job map to customize your job board!
This feature was added as a result of your feedback. If you have feedback or feature suggestions we’d love to hear them – click the ‘chat’ icon and let us know your thoughts!